Examiner Scam I don't think so 0

Hasyim | 7:26 PM | ,

Most people find my writings about Examiner.com by Googling "Examiner scam" or "How much does Examiner.com pay writers?" and the like.

I know what they Google because I'm able to use the lovely, free StatCounter.com stat-tracking code to see what search terms bring people to my websites -- and before Examiner.com's recent web redesign, I was able to use it there, too, along with Google Analytics.

Ah well, hopefully we'll get some of that ability back, but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon of folks filling up message boards with complaints about Examiner's recent redesign. I just pray the gravy train keeps up and increases as God sees fit.

Yesterday I made about $56 on my Cleveland Examiner pageviews, but I can only surmise that it was The Word Church Akron writings that brought in those views.

A friend asked me on Facebook about writing for Examiner, so that gave me a chance to get into my PayPal account and download the Examiner.com (Clarity Digital) pay info since 9/1/2009 (when I started) till now -- and I was pleased as punch to see the total sitting very near $30k, as broken down by month below.

It's over $30k if you add in the CJ.com referral payments (just got 90 bucks in my checking account) for all the $5 affiliate payments I receive for folks who apply to write for Examiner under my link over there in the bottom of the YouTube video.

Again, the only thing that gives me pause about Examiner (and tons of other mainstream news websites a lot more major than them like CNN or MSNBC, etc.) are the ads that they allow to run. Some are just fine, from major advertisers -- but I don't like those scammy ads that I spend time warning folks about on my other site.

I guess other reporters who write for sites like CNN may not give a wink about the plethora of ads that may be scamming folks out of money -- after all, we can't control ads on sites that aren't ours. I made sure to block all the "get rich quick" and other ads via my Google Adsense account on the sites that I control. Surely other sites can do the same, blocking those Pulse 360 places or whatever that show the scam ads.

Perhaps I think too much, but my Adsense took a dip in pay when I blocked the ads, but the Lord rewarded me in other ways, like a whole lotta Kindle 3 sales.

But anyway, we'll see where the Examiner leads -- here's hoping some good people can still make good money thru them. And even though some of the tips I've given via the link above in my blog to getting great pageviews are now obsolete since our ability to edit the HTML is now gone, some of the others are still valid and worth reading if you're looking for a way to make money writing online.

0 Responses So Far:

 
Get Money Online Copyright © 2010 Prozine Theme is Designed by Lasantha Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS